Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once SSO is enabled, do I still have the ability to create users outside of my organization?

Pascal Charbonneau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2022

We currently have a few Atlassian products we are subscribed to.  Jira Software Standard is one of them.  We would like to add Atlassian Access to our account to provide SSO for all the users part of our organization.  However, we also deal with consulting companies for which we would like to provide them some access.  These accounts won't belong to our organization and SSO won't be possible for them.

This is why I'd like to understand if I will still have the ability to manually create accounts once SSO is enabled?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2022

Hi @Pascal Charbonneau 

Atlassian Access allows you to manage the user account object - and this is done on a domain by domain basis. Within your product (company123.atlassian.com), you can still add users from any domain.

eg: you're company123.com and you have a customer companyABC.com

If you setup company123.com in Atlassian Access to provide SSO, in your Jira instance (company123.atlassian.com), you can invite users from @company123.com and @companyABC.com - your employees will be SSO'd in, but users from @company123.com will use their standard id.atlassian.com accounts to authenticate - UNLESS that company happens to have setup Atlassian Access on their side to protect all of their users.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events