Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okta - Atlassian Access Integration

Raj Krishnasamy March 1, 2024

I have setup IDP integration successfully and SSO is working as expected. How do I synch some attributes like department, job title and organization information from Okta to Atlassian cloud for managed users. 

I setup additional attributes in SAML assertions and values are correctly passed but they do not seem to get updated in Atlassian.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2024

Hi @Raj Krishnasamy 

It looks like it's part of step 7 on this article: https://support.atlassian.com/provisioning-users/docs/configure-user-provisioning-with-okta/

Is this the help document you're using?

Ste

Raj Krishnasamy March 4, 2024

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ Thanks for the response. I already followed these steps to configure SCIM and working correctly but for basic/standard attributes such as first name, last name and email/id only. Looks like we can also synch org name, department and title. I configured those in the SCIM integration, but they are not reflected in Atlassian. 

Ashwini_More _miniOrange March 5, 2024

Hi @Raj Krishnasamy ,

We at miniOrange have developed a SCIM Connector for Atlassian Cloud. Currently, it supports basic attributes such as Username, Email, and Full Name. However, we are planning to add custom Attributes support in the provisioning such as Department and Organisation via SCIM Connection.

You can raise a ticket to the support here for more details.

PS:  I work for miniOrange, one of the Top SSO vendors in Atlassian Marketplace.

Raj Krishnasamy March 5, 2024

Hi @Ashwini_More _miniOrange - Thanks for the response. The standard SCIM integration settings are synching those required attributes. I noticed that other attributes are synching for any new users created through SCIM. For all existing users, it appears to be ignoring even when they are part of the SSO setup. 

Ashwini_More _miniOrange March 5, 2024

Hi @Raj Krishnasamy

The SCIM process is initiated in the Okta for attributes such as department, Organization, etc.

You need to make sure such a request is initiated for existing users as well.

If you have any questions related to integration, feel free to drop a support request here.

Raj Krishnasamy March 7, 2024

Thanks @Ashwini_More _miniOrange

For existing users, when removed and added them back in Okta and Forced the synch, all attributes are updated. 

Ashwini_More _miniOrange March 10, 2024

@Raj Krishnasamy ,

thanks for the update. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events