Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify requesting user that requested user is approved

Benjamin Schulz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2023

Hi,

our user management is restricted. So new users can be requested but have to be approved by Admin. Admins get notified via Mail when a new user is requested.

Is it possible to send an automatic notification/E-Mail to the requesting user when a user they have requested has been approved?

In the moment we need to inform via internal Chat. But I want to ease that.

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Schulz , welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

I would suggest for you to start using a Jira Software, or if you have Jira Service Management, even better, to manage these requests.

Jira Software Management workflows allow for the possibility to introduce an approval step - Add an approval step to a workflow | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

If you don't have JSM, you can also implement an approval process in your workflow using the workaround described here (or something similar tailored to fit your requirements)- Solved: How do I add an approval to a Jira software projec... (atlassian.com) 

Robin Flood's suggestion is one way to go about it, and as he mentioned you can also make use of the default conditions on your workflow to get this function.

1. Create a project role called approver and set the role to those who will approve the requests.

2. Put in a status called approval in your WF.

3. Put a condition on the outgoing transition from approval status called "User is in project Role" that restricts the transition to those in the role "Approver". This is a built-in condition, so no need of plug-ins.

That way only the approvers will be able to transition the issue.

Hope this helps!

Then, from within the workflow, you can also create a custom event which is triggered by the transition, and then in the Notification Scheme, you could create a custom message to notify the end user. As I said, the process for Jira Software is a bit more complex to set up but I think it could still work.

Please give your feedback to my suggestion and we can try to understand if this solution could work for you, or, if not, how to try to help you better.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events