Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications to email address other than one associated with managed account

pdeer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 27, 2021

I've searched but have not found anything indicating this is possible.

Q: Is it possible to configure a managed user's notifications to go to an e-mail address other than the one associated with the managed account?

We do not wish to change the account email address and break the SAML but we also do not wish for notifications to be sent to the address associated with the IDP account. Reason is they are not valid email addresses, they're just the UPN we use for users to login. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hello @pdeer,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your account, I was able to find the Cloud URL and your email address with the verified domain.

On our tools, it shows that some Confluence notifications failed to be delivered due to the errors:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [TO1CAN01FT008.eop-CAN01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Just to make sure I understood, the email address that you are using on Jira and Confluence are not real email addresses, you can’t access the inbox, is that correct?

For users to be able to receive notifications from Jira and Confluence, it’s necessary to have a license and use an email address that is accessible. 

A workaround would be to use an automation rule to send an email to a real address, but then, it’s necessary to add If/Else to send an email for each user depending on the reporter, for example.

When: Issue commented

If: matches reporter = pdeer@notvalid.com

Then: Send email to pdeer@valid.com 

There are also some add-ons that allow sending emails to external domains/emails, like Email this issueNotification Assistant for Jira - Email, and Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira (JEMH)

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events