Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user not receiving invitation email

Cristiano Schwening November 8, 2021

Hi, 

There's new user my company and I invited him, however, this time the user hasn't received anything. I tried to resend in user management tab for several times, and he checked all the mail boxes, no invite mail.

It's possible removed those bounces for the notifications should work normally? My URL: celk.atlassian.net.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hello @Cristiano Schwening,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I found two domains and there were emails on the suppression list.

For the email domain ending with .net, there were 30 email addresses with bounces due to the following error:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [BN1NAM02FT043.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]
550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid.

For the domain ending with .br, there were 27 affected email addresses:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in relay recipient table

I removed those bounces and the notifications should work now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Cristiano Schwening November 24, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz

More one user with this problem. It's possible removed those bounces for the notifications should work normally? 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

@Cristiano Schwening I've just published an article showing how an Exchange admin can add a mail flow rule to prevent the "5.4.1 Recipient address rejected" error (on the .net domain mentioned): Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud . Angelica may have additional details to mention. The other error on that domain is either likely on an email address that has been deactivated in Office365 (such as a former employee, or the Atlassian Cloud invitation was sent before the user's mailbox was created in Outlook.

Like # people like this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 25, 2021

Hi @Cristiano Schwening,

There were 3 affected users only (2 from the .net and 1 from the .br):

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [DM3NAM02FT063.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I removed those bounces and it should work now.

Please, follow the steps mentioned by Daniel and you can also whitelist our domains and IPs (also mentioned in the article Daniel shared).

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Cristiano Schwening May 3, 2022

Hi @Angélica Luz 

More one user with this problem now. It's possible removed those bounces for the notifications should work normally? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2022

Hello @Cristiano Schwening,

I removed the bounces for both domains. For the .net domain, it returned 19 affected email addresses and for the .br it was 6.

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [BN1NAM02FT063.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... in relay recipient table

The notifications should work normally now.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Cristiano Schwening likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events