Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move or migrate site to existing organization?

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

We have had a Confluence/Jira Cloud site for a while now. I recently created a second site for dev, testing. I expected it to exist under our existing Organization, but it sits under a different Org. Both display in my Administration console, but they're distinctly separate.

Is it possible to have both under the same Org?

Based on the hierarchy of Org, site, product(s), it would seem so, but there's no obvious way to accomplish getting two Sites under one Org.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hello Darryl,

Indeed, you can have both sites under the same organization by moving the DEV site together with the prod site in the same organization. After the transfer, we’ll delete the original organization that you transferred products from and you’ll find all your products in the destination organization.

P.S: Before you do it, there is a checklist you must complete to safely perform the process. Please, check the documentation below to follow the exact steps that should be accomplished:

Transfer products to another organization

Here are the steps to properly do it:

1. Log in to admin.atlassian.com and choose the organization you no longer want to use.

2. Click Settings, then Details from the left navigation.

3. Click the Transfer products button and follow the screens. We’ll walk you through selecting the destination organization and reviewing your changes before you confirm the transfer.

Let me know if this information helps.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

Peter,

Thank you so much for the info! I'm not sure why this didn't some up in any of my searches, but I'm glad you're out there to point it out!

Darryl

Hari August 14, 2020

It looks like admin.atlassian.com page is updated and I don't see 

Click Settings, then Details from the left navigation.

Like Mark de Bont likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2020

Hello @Hari

Actually, the process is still the same. Please, check the documentation attached to confirm you've finished the transfer checklist and have the proper permissions to perform the transfer:

Transfer products to another organization

If you still don't see the option mentioned, please provide us with a screenshot of the options displayed to you.

Regards.

Hareesh Monyvarnan March 19, 2021

Hello @Petter Gonçalves Petter, I couldn't see any options to move the products  from the site below to the organization improv-cnwScreenshot (319).png

Like Mark de Bont likes this
Mark de Bont August 20, 2021

IMHO has to be a paid subscription in order to move the items.

Tabbish Noorani October 6, 2021

As per my understanding you have to be an Org Admin for both, the source and the destination, organizations.

If you are trying to move akkubcor.atlassian.net, you are site admin of it not the org admin. To find out who is the org admin go to the user directory to see that.

Like Eugene Kulabuhov likes this
Eugene Kulabuhov October 22, 2021

@Tabbish Noorani that was the exact thing I was missing. Thank you for pointing it out!

Tabbish Noorani October 22, 2021

@Eugene Kulabuhov I'm glad that it was helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events