Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make user org admin

Ty Root August 16, 2022

How do you do this?

I am an ORG ADMIN, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make another user an ORG ADMIN so they can help me manage our instance. Any thoughts, tips, etc?

All I see is this option here. But there are no other ways to make this user an ORG ADMIN. Not sure why this is so difficult to do. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.57.41 AM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Go to admin.atlassian.com and select your organization. Then go to Settings > Administrators and from here you can add users as org admins.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2022

This is correct for the old user management experience. If you are on the new user management experience, the process has changed somewhat. Just follow the documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Thanks for sharing the process for the new user management experience @Dave Meyer !

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

Hi @Ty Root

Head over to the Directory -> Users and open the user profile. From there, open the 3-Dot-menu in the upper right corner and select "Assign organization role."

org_admin.png

Best, Max

Ty Root August 18, 2022

Thanks, @Max Foerster - K15t! Got it. Appreciate the help!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events