Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logout binding ?

Dylan Pokun October 16, 2020

Hello everyone,

Do you know if there's a logout binding please ?

I only have 2 URLs in Atlassian Access :
- 1 for the entity id SP
- 1 for the assertions SP.
None of them seem to do the trick.

Here's what's happening :

1) Atlassian side : When I logout from Jira and try to connect back with another account, I'm reconnected with the first one (as I'm still logged-in in the identity provider). I was quite shocked when it happened.

2) Identity Provider side : If I activate the "front channel logout" option in my identity provider (to force a redirection to the Atlassian site when I logout from the identity provider) and enter one of the URL, I get a "not found" message or a "can't connect" one (obviously as it's the login callback). So, I can't logout anymore.

There's no logout binding from any side.

All I can do to really logout is to logout from both the Atlassian side and the Identity Provider side (without a redirection / Front Channel Logout option), so that a new connection to the Atlassian site would redirect me to the Identity Provider, where I'm not authentified.

Security-wise, I don't know what to think about that, as there will be thousands of users on this Jira site.

Am I maybe missing something here ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any kind of help, I know it's not an easy topic but you might be a real life saver =).

Kind regards,

Dylan

1 answer

0 votes
Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

Hi Dylan,

You are correct, we do not support logout through SAML. To ensure that your users are logged out of Atlassian after a period of inactivity, you can configure their idle session duration

Thanks,

Narmada Jayasankar

Lead Product Manager, Atlassian Access

Dylan Pokun October 19, 2020

Hi Narmada,

Thank you for the answer.

The problem is that logging out of Atlassian will not disconnect the session from the IDP, so it won't ask again for the user's credentials (and it won't connect to another account) when trying to re-login.

Unfortunately, I can't find a workaround with the identity provider.

The only solution is to logout on both side, manually... I don't know how the client will react to this.

Kind regards,

Dylan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events