I'm interested in linking JIRA to my BitBucket server. I've had a look at the steps:
To give you a little background into the accounts I have:
BitBucket - Licensing Tier of 25 users
JIRA - Liscensing Tier of 250 users
1) Will I be able to connect my BitBucket server with JIRA even though BitBucket is only setup for 25 users. Do the amount of users need to be the same for this to work?
2) And if not, what potential issues might I encounter? Will users that have both JIRA and BitBucket accounts be able to see everything as expected while only JIRA user accounts not?
3) Are there any extra steps that I will need to do to make this work?
Hi @Ted Lalas,
Welcome to the Community!
We recently moved to Jira Cloud, but for the past two years we have been running a Jira Server (250) user license connected to our BitBucket Server (100 user license) without any issues at all.
From what I can tell that application link will require users to prove that they have a license in the other application to be able to see information. It won't prevent either system from working it will just restrict the information an unlicensed user can see.
So to answer your questions directly:
1) Yes you will be able to connect them, no they don't need to have the same number of users to work.
2) Users who don't have a license won't be able to see the information linked form the external system. Users that have a license in both systems will be able to see everything as expected.
3) Nope. If you follow the instructions on linking applications and you have your firewall rules set correctly to allow communication between the two systems it would work without any additional setup.
I hope that helps!
Based on your valuable feedback, we have released several new features to help you gain administrative flexibility with authentication policies, visibility into shadow IT with automatic product disco...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events