It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira can't delete this account AUTO-RENEW Edited

when I trying to delete a Jira account, it prompting me this error:

You can't delete this account

The account for XXXX XXX XXX can't be deleted because:

• This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW

2 answers

1 vote

Hi David,

If the account you are trying to delete is your own account, I was able to check that you are the Billing and also the main Technical contact of your Cloud instance, that's why it's not possible to delete.
You must go to my.atlassian.com and add another admin as the Billing and main Technical contact of your Cloud subscription and remove yourself, then you will be able to delete your account on id.atlassian.com.

Regards,
Angélica

I'm having the same issue, but I have not paid services on my account.

Hi Pedro,

I saw that you are the main billing and technical for a BitBucket Cloud account, so even if it's free, you are the contact so your account can't be deleted.
If you want to delete your account, you will have to add another billing and technical on my.atlassian.com, remove your account and then go to id.atlassian.com to delete your Atlassian account.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user Jun 30, 2019

This is ridiculous, I'm getting the same error trying to delete my account.

Solution is apparently "add another billing contact"??? What? I've never paid a cent, only using free account. There is no "billing".

And in regards to the error I receive when trying to delete...

"This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW"

Utterly useless information. Tells me no specifics.

This is a perfect example of why I no longer want an Attlassisn account! Confusing mess of interconected mess, and a nasty deliberate dark pattern for the simple task of deleting one's own account.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Access

AMA: Cloud Identity & Security with Dave Meyer, Group Product Manager

Update: That's a wrap! Thanks so much for your questions. If you didn't make it for the live AMA, not to worry. Add your questions below and I will get to them ASAP.  Hello Atlassian Community...

1,704 views 15 9
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you