It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira can't delete this account AUTO-RENEW Edited

when I trying to delete a Jira account, it prompting me this error:

You can't delete this account

The account for XXXX XXX XXX can't be deleted because:

• This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW

4 answers

1 vote

Hi David,

If the account you are trying to delete is your own account, I was able to check that you are the Billing and also the main Technical contact of your Cloud instance, that's why it's not possible to delete.
You must go to my.atlassian.com and add another admin as the Billing and main Technical contact of your Cloud subscription and remove yourself, then you will be able to delete your account on id.atlassian.com.

Regards,
Angélica

I have the same problem. If you could cancel auto renewal please. Thanks

I'm having the same issue, but I have not paid services on my account.

Hi Pedro,

I saw that you are the main billing and technical for a BitBucket Cloud account, so even if it's free, you are the contact so your account can't be deleted.
If you want to delete your account, you will have to add another billing and technical on my.atlassian.com, remove your account and then go to id.atlassian.com to delete your Atlassian account.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user Jun 30, 2019

This is ridiculous, I'm getting the same error trying to delete my account.

Solution is apparently "add another billing contact"??? What? I've never paid a cent, only using free account. There is no "billing".

And in regards to the error I receive when trying to delete...

"This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW"

Utterly useless information. Tells me no specifics.

This is a perfect example of why I no longer want an Attlassisn account! Confusing mess of interconected mess, and a nasty deliberate dark pattern for the simple task of deleting one's own account.

Like # people like this

@Angélica Luz I demand my right to be forgotten. Please share directions to permanently delete this account.

Hi @phrfpeixoto84,

I created a ticket on your behalf with our GDPR team and they will help you delete your account. 

You should have received a notification and soon someone will contact you.

Also, I saw that you are a user on a Cloud site gxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net, so once your account is deleted, you will also lose your access to the site and also here in Community.

This company is disgusting, and so is the trouble with deleting an account. 

• This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW.
  • This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products. 
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.
  • To continue deleting this account the account owner needs to visit my.atlassian.com and designate a different user as a billing and technical contact.

Yes, designate a different owner, just to delete an account. LMAO. Logic much?

I'm using a free account, no such thing exists as billing...

Deleting an account should just disable everything on its own if the user is asking to delete their account. 

Just another reason to not use this malware and stick to Github, no BS, you can easily delete, more flexible, etc.

I will definitely never be recommending this to people and will actually caution them on using this garbage.

0 votes

WTF I can't just delete my account?! I created my account only 10 mins ago and I didn't buy anything from atlassian. Zero logic policy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

267 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you