Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with email verification

r.davis May 20, 2022

I have sent 2 invites. One within our organizational email, and one outside our organization. The one outside immediately got an invitation and verified. However, I never received an email, nor did my colleague within the organization. Could someone please help us? I have heard @Daniel Eads is the man! Thanks, everyone!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @r.davis  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Maybe the work email inside our organization has been blacklisted by Atlassian for some reason. Open a support ticket to see if they can help you. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

r.davis May 20, 2022

Interesting, I wonder what causes a company to become blacklisted. I will open a support ticket and update you when possible. Thanks, John!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

In general, it is usually because Atlassian tries to send and email and it gets returned with an error for some reason. 

In our usual cases, it's because the invite gets sent to the email before the email account is fully setup. 

Atlassian treats those as bad things and blacklists the email address. 

r.davis May 23, 2022

Thank you John! I had to reach out to Google Workspace support. They helped me change my DNS setting for the Gmail. Now its all fixed. I really appreciate your help!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Great! Glad that is working now.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
r.davis May 20, 2022

Maybe these can help as well. @G subramanyam @Brant Schroeder 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Hi @r.davis I'm inline with @John Funk comments. In your initial post, you have tagged @Daniel Eads who is from Atlassian can be the point of contact. However, if you had already raised a support ticket, then one of the support engineer's will get in touch with you to "explain what can be the reason in your case" and will remove the block from their server.

Thank you for tagging Brant and self and for your patience.

r.davis May 23, 2022

Thanks G, I really appreciate your help!

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events