Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to migrate from email login to apple

Aleš Jiránek October 2, 2020

Hello,

Is it possible to migrate from login via email to sing in with apple?

THanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hello @Aleš Jiránek,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know if when you say migration, you mean to force the automatic login with Apple.

I ask that because there is an option to "Continue with Apple" to log in to Cloud products. 

If that's the case, users will have to click on that option to log in, it's not possible to make that option as primary.

Please, let us know more details so we can check here if there is a feature request for that.

Regards,
Angélica

Aleš Jiránek October 5, 2020

Hello,

no, that is not what I meant. 

I already have Atlassian account that I created using email. Now I would like to use Continue with apple to sign in for this account without creating new one.

Is there any option to do that?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Thank you for the information @Aleš Jiránek.

Testing here using an email that didn't have an Apple ID, I created a new account and I was able to confirm that, to use it to log in to your Atlassian account, you must use the option to share the email.

First, I used the option to hide the email and it was showing that the email didn't have access to a site.

When sharing the email, it will be possible to login to id.atlassian.com and it will recognize that the email has access to Cloud sites.

Also, after the Apple ID was created, it was not necessary to create a new one.

Aleš Jiránek October 13, 2020

oh I see, so the problem is, that for first time I tried that, I used option to hide my email. Then I tried that again but atlassian login form still somehow remembers option to hide my email, even if I reseted this in my apple id settings. Could you somehow reset this on your side please? Should I send you some private message with generated email that is stored somewhere in login process and I cannot remove it now?

thank you

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2020

Hello @Aleš Jiránek,

I'm afraid that it's not possible to change that. I deleted my AppleId, that's why I had the option to share the email again.

I found this documentation with more details about Hide/Share the email:

Maybe you can reach out to their support to check if there is an option to revert this because this is a security option on their side and not on Atlassian side.

Aleš Jiránek October 16, 2020

Hello @Angélica Luz

I know how to do it in Apple Id configuration. I changed it and removed the pairing from apple id. Next time when I tried that login form asked me again if I want to share email or not. So in apple id everything is correct. But the old email (hidden one) is persisted somewhere in atlassian database and linked to that apple id so it appears again even if the mail address does not exist in apple id. I need to remove it from atlassian database somehow.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Thank you for the details, @Aleš Jiránek.

Just to make sure I understand, are you able to login normally using the "Continue with Apple" now that the email is shared?

If everything is working as expected with your main account, then you can proceed with the deletion of the private email that Apple generated.

Can you try to access https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences using that email and delete the account? 

It generated something like 12ab3cdefg@privaterelay.appleid.com and I can confirm that there is no email like this as active/inactive on your site. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events