Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that the admin of jira views the boards as user without permissions?

Dro March 14, 2020

I have an Atlassian account which I used to create a jira board. Now, after completing the setup I want to use it as a simple user without permissions, and when there is need to change something than change my view and use my account as admin.
Is it possible?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2020

Hi @Dro

If you're using the same account, it will always have the Admin permissions.

This means if you have heightened access which impacts issues or boards, you'll always have that access on this account.

If you want to limit the power of a Jira Admin at project-level, I would suggest changing your project permission scheme(s) to ensure power is provided to project roles rather than groups like site-admin or jira-administrators. See more on managing these on this page.

For me, most admin permissions are in the Jira Settings - when I'm working on Jira I do most things any other user would - create / edit issues, transition them on a board, etc. What is it you're looking to avoid by changing user types?

Ste

Dro March 14, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to change some permission from permission schemes, but didn't work for me.
For example, I can add a new column and I can move the columns around in the board, which I don't want to have access on daily basis. Only turn the access "on" when it's needed.
And also I'm using free version of the Jira plan. 

Thanks

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2020

Hi @Dro

It sounds like you're actually referring to Next Gen.

In this instance you have these permissions if you're in the Project Role "Administrator" - there's not a method of turning this off I'm afraid, unless you don't hold that role.

Ste

Dro March 15, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

Yes, you are right, I switched to Classic project and it worked for me.

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events