Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which location is the databse for our project located?

AptivUX2 March 4, 2020

Hello,

We would like to know in whcih country the database for the project is located in? we would like to know this as we need ti comply with the data protection law and need to know where this is hosted. how could we find it out?

Thanks,

2 answers

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hi @AptivUX2 

I understand that you're looking to use our Atlassian Cloud products and want to be sure that your data remains in Germany. "Data residency" is the term we used to describe the feature you are looking for here.   As of today, Atlassian does not yet have the controls in place to let you choose to do this.  But this is something we are working on.  In the current state, the system is automatically locating your data in the region closest to the majority of users of your Cloud site.  This is done to optimize performance of your Cloud site, but this is not something that you can control today.

I refer you to our page on Cloud data hosting regions.  While I suggest reading the whole page, (it's short), the key detail on that page as of today is:

It's not currently possible to specify where your data is hosted, however, we're currently working on data residency controls.

We also have a feature request for this over in CLOUD-10373.  I would recommend watching that issue for updates.  When this changes, I am sure that documentation page will be updated to add the details of how this can be done within our Cloud offerings. 

Cheers,

Andy

AptivUX2 March 6, 2020

thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Hi @AptivUX2,

Welcome to the community!

I'd recommend looking through the Atlassian Trust Center.  Specifically this article which should be able to answer your question: https://www.atlassian.com/trust/reliability/infrastructure

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

AptivUX2 March 5, 2020

Thank you very much for your feedback, how can we be 100% sure that our project database is in Europe, Germany?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events