I have received an email requesting an email change

aserrano1971 October 7, 2019

This morning I have received an email for changing my email account and I want to know if my account is compromised in some way.

obviously I didn’t do this change request.

My account has enabled two step verification. I have also changed my password 

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi @aserrano1971,

Do you know if your company has recently started using Atlassian Access?  I know when you start the Domain Verification process it will claim ownership of all Atlassian Accounts that use the same domain suffix.

Is there any chance you can share the text of what the email said?

Was it something along the lines of:

"Your Atlassian Cloud organization admin now manages your Atlassian account and your access to Atlassian products.
Your admin initiated this change by verifying that your organization owns the domain associated with your account's email address: "?

If so it just means that your company now controls your Atlassian account access.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

aserrano1971 October 8, 2019

Nope, sorry, I removed the message just to be sure I didn't click the link by mistake.

But take in mind, I'm the only owner of this account (bitbucket/JIRA), nobody could do it and the email domain is also mine and it's in gmail servers.

Anyway, I have changed the password and I think is enough.

P.S: is it possible to reset all the open sessions just to be sure that nothing is happening? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi @aserrano1971,

I believe you can manage that from here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage/devices

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like aserrano1971 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events