Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup SSO with GSuite for Atlassian Cloud ?

Rakesh Kundula
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2020

Hello,

I am new to atlassian and i would need help if someone has done this kind of setup,

1. What could be the steps for enabling SSO with GSuite and how users/groups has to managed at which site(GSuite/Atlassian) ?

2. The current site(site1) is already running without SSO and has some existing users/groups.

3. There is also different site (site2) running without SSO and want merge (Jira) with above site(site1).

4. When SSO is enabled, what is immediate affect for end users if groups are not created/activated at GSuite site.(In other words will atlassian able to manage with existing groups that is already running? ).

5. Enabling SSO(GSuite) what are the charges(products wise or userwise) applicable.

site1 - site1.atlassian.net

site2 - site2.atlassian.net

If someone has this kind of scenario faced, please let me know how this is achieved !

Thanks,
Rakesh

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2020

Hi @Rakesh Kundula , the G Suite integration does not sync groups themselves from G Suite. You can use G Suite groups to define which users to sync, but the groups themselves are not copied. So you don't need to worry about merging groups. https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/connect-to-g-suite-873918510.html

Rakesh Kundula
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2020

Thanks much @Dave Meyer 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events