Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to selectively unclaim accounts of a verified domain?

Alex Arantes January 4, 2023

My company has various independent organizations in Atlassian, paid and managed independently by different departments. From one of these organizations I verified our domain, as a first step to setup SSO/SAML through Azure. This led to all our accounts being claimed.

Looking at this article (https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/verify-a-domain-to-manage-accounts/), it says that I could selectively claim and/or unclaim certain accounts, but I don't see how, as the step-by-step to accomplish that in the article doesn't reflect the options I have on the screen. Ultimately I don't see an option to claim/unclaim a portion of those accounts.

Could someone please clarify this? Can I actually selectively claim/unclaim accounts? Is it dependent on some sort of account level?

Thanks,

Alex

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Alex Arantes,

Welcome to the Community!

Looking at Atlassian's public roadmap for the Cloud products it looks like this feature is due in Q4 of 2022 but hasn't been released yet: https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/cloud/selective-user-claim?status=future;comingSoon&p=3f76b0ba-a0

Given we are into 2023 now, I'm going to assume they may be a but behind schedule in providing this.

0 votes
Joerg February 15, 2023

I'm joining the question because I'm trying to do the same thing.
We synced too many users via AD and they were automatically claimed.

I would like to take back the claiming for individual users. What would be a viable way? Remove the domain, which would make all users self-managed again, and then claim the domain again and limit the users to be synced? Do I have to change the DNS TXT entries to claim the domain again?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events