Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a admin an ORG admin

Heidar Karlsson December 4, 2019

I am unable to figure out how to add an existing admin into the ORG & Site ADMIN group ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Heidar Karlsson,

Welcome to the Community!

What you need to do is go to the organization level (if you see a "back to organization" button click that).

From there, you want to click on "Settings" -> Administrators in the left hand panel.

On that screen you will be able to add admins by email address using the "Add administrators" button in the top right hand of the page.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Heidar Karlsson December 6, 2019

Worked !   thanks :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

I'm glad you were able to accomplish what you were looking to do!

Son August 27, 2020

Hello Jimmy Seddon,

I try to access organization level site but I can't see the left panel with setting button? Please help me

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2020

Hi @Son,

Atlassian has changed the UI since I posted this answer.

It's now something that is displayed along the top navigation bar.

So where you will want to start is https://admin.atlassian.com/ while logged in with your company Atlassian account.  From there, you will be able to select the organization you are an administrator for.  If you can't select any organizations, you aren't an org admin and you will need to find out who in your company is.

Once, you have selected your organization, more menu options will appear on the top menu bar, settings being one of them. Select that and follow the rest of my steps above as normal.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Theis Rye August 31, 2022

What's the solution when the administrators button doesn't exist?

Screenshot_13.png

Like # people like this
Mart Weemees December 7, 2022

I also have the problem where the administrators button doesn't exist?

Like Javier Rivera likes this
0 votes
bkreischer April 26, 2023

For more clarification, adding a user to the group site-admins gives the gray box listed as ORG ADMIN.

0 votes
Javier Rivera April 11, 2023

Since the UI changed after original post, we do not see an 'Administrator' button anymore.

I solved the problem by:
1. Add the user I want to become 'ORG Admin'.
2. After user has signed in, I added him to ALL Admin Groups. At that time, the user became an 'ORG Admin'.

Login into 'admin.atlassian.com' > Directory > Invite user...

On the User List, select . . . > Add user to group
    jira-admins-xxx, jira-software-users, and site-admins

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events