Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to designate a user is a contractor

Dan W October 25, 2022

How do you designate a user is a contractor with company name in a way that is searchable in Jira.

We have a team that needs to run reports on distribution of work between contractors from company x and company y and our team members.  Previously they were able to accomplish this since the company name was added to the display name.  The display name standard was changed in our company and the display name no longer contains the company name.  

How do you keep track of your contractor accounts and the companies they work for?  In a way that is searchable in Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan W October 26, 2022

The Identity team here would like to use the organization attribute.  From what I remember that is only available in the JSM projects.  Can anybody tell me if organization is available to be searched in Jira software projects?  Assignee in organization("org name")

Kerli Loopman
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2022

I did check with the JQL and it does find JSW projects issues too in search if I use assignee in organizationMembers("org name"). 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2022

consider using Groups. Add the user to the 'contractor-grp'. Use the group in your filter, e.g.

assignee in membersOf("contractor-grp")

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2022

Organization is a JSM feature. The closest similar feature in JSW is groups.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events