Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Jira owner email and Organization name

Ahmed Attia February 28, 2021

I want to change the owner of the organization as I want to close the email of organization owner because it was one of my team member 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

Hello @Ahmed Attia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that you are the Org admin and also the main billing and technical contact. 

I don’t see any other Cloud site linked to your email address, so I believe you resolved the issue.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Ahmed Attia March 2, 2021

Thank you @Angélica Luz ,

I want to change the owner of the organization to another email not the administrator 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

Hi @Ahmed Attia,

I’m not sure I understood correctly.

You are the only Org administrator, would you like to change your email address to another domain?

Please, give us more information about what you meant by the owner of the organization, because if you are talking about the site sxxxxx-nxxx.atlassian.net, you are the main billing contact, site administrator, and org administrator.

Ahmed Attia March 3, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

I have an account on jira  with an email of ---------->xxx@gmail.com  owner of organization -------> AAA

and another account on jira with email-------> yyy@gmail.com

I want to make the account of yyy@gmail.com to be the owner of (not just admin) of AAA Organization

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2021

Thank you for the details, @Ahmed Attia.

In this case, you need to access Jira with xxx@gmail.com and go to Cog icon > User management and make sure the yyy@gmail.com is a site administrator.

After that, still using the account xxx@gmail.com on the User management, click on Settings > Administrators > Add administrators and select the yyy@gmail.com user.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.54.18.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.56.03.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events