Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authenticate with Admin API ?

Daniel Palermi March 1, 2021

Hi all, after finally finding the place to create an organizational API Key ( took a while ), I'm now trying to authenticate towards the endpoint 'https://api.atlassian.com/admin/v1/orgs' but I'm constantly getting 401 errors still.

How do I authenticate with this new api key? Do I still have to pass my email address with it like for the confluence endpoint?

myemail@domain.com:APIsecretkey ?

I'm using PowerShell to connect and I'm struggling quite a bit ( with the confluence endpoint it works perfectly with my personal API key ).

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Daniel Palermi 

You will need to generate an API key here and it only last for 7 days. Authentication uses auth bearer

Authorization: Bearer <access_token>

You don't need an email address, you just simply need the token placed in that format above. See more for the documentation

Please note that accessing Atlassian REST API resource is different from Atlassian access Admin API.

Sarowar Chowdhury April 18, 2021

I am satisfied 

0 votes
Smart Hub March 26, 2021

<access-taken>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events