Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will Atlassian Access cost for Customer Portal Users

Saleh January 18, 2020

I'm looking at buying Atlassian Access for Jira Core & Jira Service Desk.

The F.A.Q (https://www.atlassian.com/software/access/pricing) states the following:-

• Do I have to pay for my portal-only customers on Jira Service Desk?
    • You will only be billed for the unique users that are licensed on Jira Service Desk (ie. agents only). Users who only create requests via the Jira Service Desk portal aren't licensed so you won't get charged for them. Find more details in our pricing and licensing documentation.
  • Do users signing up for free accounts count towards my Access bill?
    • Yes. If a user signs up for the free versions of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, or Confluence cloud on a domain governed by Atlassian Access they will be included as a billable user under their Atlassian Access subscription.

I'm alittle confused - what is considered a free user account? Can I disable 'portal users' from signing up to a "free user account"?

I have approximately 1000 users on Office 365 (Azure AD) who will use the customer portal to report/track issues; and only have 10 service desk agents, and 15 jira core agents.

Will I need Atlassian Access for all the 1000 users?

2 answers

2 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2020

1) The way you describe it, you will have 1000 users listed in your Atlassian Access.

2) However, you will only be billed for 25 of these (10 + 15 - if the JSD agents user set does not intersect with Jira Core user set) or less (if they do)

3) If one of your portal-only users already has or goes and creates their own Atlassian Cloud instance in the future (e.g. for their own team within your org) whether paid or free (and you can't really stop them) - they will then become licensed user (in that instance) and will start being charged for in the Atlassian Access bill.

4) Re: free - Atlassian Cloud has a "free" tier e.g. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-cloud-plans-972338880.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-plans-972334171.html

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2020

Hi @Saleh 

@Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_ is correct. You'll be charged for 25 users (10 JSD agents + 15 Jira Core) for Atlassian Access.

The Atlassian Cloud Free plan comes with limited licenses and 2gb storage. Any user who has access to one of the free products is considered as 'Free user account' in the FAQ page you mentioned.

Even though the users are using one of Atlassian Cloud Free products, they are still counted for Atlassian Access billing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events