Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove an organization admin?

Dana Ariya Bon Lua October 9, 2020

Hi, 

I have the same issue as above as tried to remove another user, lets name it as XXX as "org admin" but fail with same message above.

My situation is llike this

1. I have having a new account and the XXX appear as in "Site" > "Setting" > "Administrator". But I dont see XXX appear here

2. The XXX appear as "Org & Site Admin" in the "User Management" > "Users"

3. I could not remove the XXX as "Site Admin" as well at "User Management" > "Group" > "Site Admin"

Please advise me on what to do.

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2020

Hello Dana,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that you are the only org administrator for the org MXXXM XDX XHX.

I saw that there is another site administrator on your site and they are the org admin of another organization, that's why you can't remove them because you are the admin of org X and they are the admin of org Y.

The user is the main billing contact of the site, is there any reason why you need to remove them?

If they are leaving your company and you need to remove their account, the best option is to contact our support on support.atlassian.com/contact, so they have access to remove the user from the organization, and then you will be able to remove them from the site admin group. 

Regards,
Angélica

Dana Ariya Bon Lua October 15, 2020

Hi Angelica, 

The email registered with this user jXson@wammap.com is the company account. It should not have another organization Y there.

May I know what is the organization name you see?

Yes we want to remove this user as this user is already leaving the company.

I need to transfer the "org admin" to dXna@wammap.com.

Regards,

Dana

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

Thank you for the details, Dana.

Yes, the user is an org admin for another organization.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.04.05.png

As I mentioned, you are an org admin of one organization and the other site admin owns another org, so to fix this you should also be admin of the org team-1596070262644 to remove them, and then you will be able to delete/deactivate the account.

If the user is still working on your company, can you ask them to go to admin.atlassian.com > Click on team-1596070262644 > Settings > Administrators > Add administrators and add your account?

If the user already left the company, you can work with your IT team for them to access the inbox and reset their Atlassian account password, so you can log in using their account to follow the steps I mentioned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events