Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I allow user to change two-factor authentication app when Two-factor is enforced?

Dean Stelow August 30, 2018

How do I allow user to change two-factor authentication app when Two-factor is enforced? I have a user that wants to change Authentication app on different phone.  There is a warning that says if admin enforced, talk to the admin for help.  Well, I am the admin and I don't how to do this.  The warning states that if they disable two-factor, they will not be able to get back in to re-enable it.

-thanks, Dean

3 answers

0 votes
eimis November 19, 2019

No answers?

0 votes
Dean Stelow August 30, 2018

Ok, it seems I just need to go into the Manage Users page, and disable Two-Factor for the affected person, then re-enable it (make sure the user removes the old device link in their phone authenticator app as well).

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Correct. 

Max Giesbert September 27, 2018

I cannot find the setting to disable 2-factor authentication on Manage Users page. Can someone give me a hint?! Thx

Like # people like this
Ian Comeau March 26, 2019

@Mary Ramirez Is this something my admin needs to do for me?
As a user, can I use TFA on two different phones? I often switch my SIM card between an Android and iOS device so would there be a way to have TFA setup on both phones?

0 votes
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Hi @Dean Stelow,

Depending on the platform, you can unassociate the old phone and associate the new phone by sending a SMS message to set-up the two factor authentication. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events