Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult is it to change a particular user's authorization policy?

Eirik Aune
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2020

I'm trying to prepare my organization for use of Atlassian tools.  One thing we are struggling with is how to authenticate.  

Let's say I start with the default user creation to make accounts for

Abby

Bryan

Charlie

Diane

If I want to move to SSO or g-suite later, is it possible to put those users on that policy?  

What about vice-versa, where I start with SSO or g-suite, but want to stop using that service?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hello @Eirik Aune,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When adding users to a Cloud site, they will be able to login with email and password.

So, for example, you invited Abby@domain.com manually through the user management page. Then you decided to use GSuite to manage the users. If Abby@domain.com also exists in the GSuite group that you are syncing, the account will be synced and you will be able to manage that account on GSuite and they will start using SSO to log in on Atlassian Cloud products. 

If a user you’re syncing from G Suite already exists, we’ll link the G Suite and Atlassian accounts based on their primary email address and G Suite identification.

If you disconnect from GSuite, users or their permissions won't be removed. The difference is that you won't be able to manage their accounts. They will still be able to login using Google credentials or using email and password. 

When you disconnect from G Suite, users permanently stop syncing. Your users can still log in to your products with their Google credentials or log in with Atlassian credentials after they reset their password. However, their details won't sync when you make changes to their Google accounts.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events