Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could i choose the plan to enable SSO ?

Deleted user February 20, 2022

I see to enable SSO , we can subscribe Atlassian Access.

but i have found a cheaper plan to enable SSO by use 'Jira Oauth/OIDC Single Sign On(SSO)' Application in ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE.

so i want to know,
what's the different between 'Subscribe Atlassian Access' and Use 'Jira Oauth/OIDC Single Sign On(SSO)' Application in ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE

1 answer

4 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Access can be used to provide access to multiple tools

• Jira (work, software, JSM)
  • Confluence
  • Bitbucket
  • Trello
  • Statuspage

If you want to solve that with a plugin, you will need to buy a plugin for all the tools you are using. 

The most important reason in my opinion to use access instead of a plugin would be, with Access you can manage everything from your identity provider whereas with a plugin you will need to manage everything in your different tools. 

The plugin will only allow you to authenticate with users that the tool knows. You could argue that users can sign up themselfs but this way you have no control over the amount of people that sign up and people could be consuming a license without even needing the tool. Also if a user leaves the company he will not be removed from the tool(s) automatically. So this will leave you with more work and depending on the amount of users you have this will become to hard to manage. Besides in the long run it will probably cost you more in man hours. 

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events