Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete my account?

Deleted user January 19, 2019

When I try to delete my account, I got this:

You can't delete your account

Your account can't be deleted because:

• This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2019

Go to https://my.atlassian.com and log in with the account to be deleted.

This will list all the software that you are named as the "primary billing" and "technical" contact for.

Go into each one of these and remove yourself, naming the new owners of the systems, or shut them down if you are leaving.

You will then be able to delete your account.

Deleted user January 29, 2019

How do I shutdown my own Bitbucket cloud account?

Like # people like this
Deleted user February 3, 2019

I have the same problem. I want to delete my Bitbucket + Atlassian accounts but I cannot. When I try to delete my Bitbucket account it only links to the account deletion page from atlassian and I cannot delete atlassian because of the existing Bitbucket account. 

I used Bitbucket only alone and private.

Plase help here.

Thanks

Marcel

Deleted user August 5, 2020

Can you please explain how to shut down services - no one will be using my Jira - so I deactivated it. never the less it sais I am primary billing and technical contact for it so I can't delete my account. How can this be so complicated it is really frustrating - it really makes people never wanna come back.

Like Deleted user likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

If you're deleting an account then it's quite likely that you don't want to come back anyway.

You'll be able to delete after the systems have been deleted - they are retained for a short time (a week I think) just in case, but after they've gone, you'll be able to delete your Atlassian account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events