Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gsuite to Jira Connectivity - Restricted Users by GSuite Group - Pulling deleted user

Russ Taylor April 4, 2020

Hi

I created a brand new Jira account and connected up to GSuite for google sign on.

Also restricted who can access based on a GSuite group.  This works fine, however....

Jira is pulling back a user that was deleted from the group (and the entire GSuite organisation) about 4 months ago.  GSuite admin for both user and the group do not show it... and after a conversation with GSuite support they confirm it has been deleted.

They are saying I need to contact Atlassian as it must be their end as they are adamant that the user is definitely deleted. and cannot be their end.

So any ideas / thoughts would be most appreciated.  (Now in theory this should not be an issue as the user is unable to log on so would not be able to access anything inc Jira, but I would still like to understand what is going on just in case)

Regards

RJT

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 10, 2020

Hi Russ,

I'm in the middle of evaluating the user management with G Suite to.

If i understand the docs correct it is so that if we use the GSuite sync.
Atlassian pulls the user from G-Suite all 4 hours but did not revokes access for removed users.

To achieve that i think we have to use Atlassian Access.
Atlassian will update that doc after mid-August 2020 "Connect to G Suite"
lets see what will be changed than.

If Atlassian Access is the solution than we will have extra coast on Atlassian Side and
maybe on G Suite side for a service called "Cloud Identity"
Cloud Identity is also available in a free and pay version, there I did not yet understood what we would need.

That's my 2 cents to that topic.

Regards
Giso

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events