Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scam Email address change request that use Atlassian to send scam link. How did they do it?

Kangarooo November 21, 2022

Got scam Email address change request that use Atlassian to send scam link. How did they do it?

How they made link been sent to me from some atlasian i registered i dont remeber about.

Here is link in email- scam google forms 

http://www.docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScrCaaSb61w9pj-A_vLdtkMtlvtc4nxa2H8ULfIomcmNgBzOw/viewform?usp=sf_link

atlasian scam.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

It is possible to set up fake Atlassian accounts and use them to create maliciousl systems which can then send emails like the one you got.

If in doubt, forward the email to abuse@atlassian.com (no need to write anything for them, just forward it in full).  Then ignore it.

Kangarooo November 25, 2022

But why fake account got some input sent to some other email, like mine?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

Because you've got an email address that you have exposed out on the internet somewhere, or one of their 'bots has taken a good guess at a valid email address.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events