Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the error "Something's not right. Try again" when setting up SAML SSO

Ashutosh Srivastava August 28, 2021

We have signed up for Atlassian Access trial ending in about 10 days from now. We had successfully set up SAML/SSO a few weeks ago for evaluation purposes and it had been working fine.

Today, we wanted to update the SAML configuration, but we keep seeing an error with the message "Something's not right. Try again" on the bottom left of the browser page when trying save the configuration.

We are even unable to save the original configuration (without changes). 

There is nothing in the audit logs related to this.

3 answers

0 votes
Nikki DuBois March 31, 2022

It appears now you HAVE to have -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- lines but I still am getting the error on first time setup. HELP! :)

0 votes
Ben August 31, 2021

Removing the begin/end headers from the certificate text worked for us. Thanks 

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Great. Thanks

0 votes
Bob Joneson August 29, 2021

Having the exact same issue, except setting up for the first time.

Ashutosh Srivastava August 29, 2021

Atlassian support got back to me fairly quickly.  They suggested that I remove the begin/end headers from the certificate text.  That fixed the issue for me.  Atlassian is going to look into fixing the issue on their end.

So, just try removing the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- lines from the cert.

Hope this helps.

Like Michal Sefara likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events