It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

External Users Access to Jira

We use Jira internally inside the company to file bugs. The Developers and testers have access to the entire bug list inside a Project.

Now we would like to add external users who are not part of the company. So they don't have the same domain email address as our company. In addition we only want the external user to just file bugs. The external user should not have access to the Bugs inside the Project that we use.

Here are the requirements for the External user

- Should not be able to see all the Bugs inside the Jira Project we use to track Bugs

- External user should only be able to see the bugs they have filed in the project

How can we accomplish this?

2 answers

Hello @Rafay Rashid  ,

1 - You cannot restrict issuetypes in Jira. However, this is possible if you have a plugin like scriptrunner installed on your instance.

2&3 - can be done using Jira Issue Security Schemes. See Configuring issue-level security 

I would use Service Desk for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

579 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you