Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable SSO on Instance have 2 verify domain

Lan Dang (Tyme) November 11, 2020

Our Atlassina have 2 verify domain and some 3rd party users.

I would like to know what happen if we enable SSO to a verify domain.

Do users with other domain and 3rd party still can login with their password?

Addition, If we subsciption the Atlassian Access now, is the feature Atlassian Access Authentication Policies available on our Atlassian?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi Lan,

When you subscribe to Atlassian Access and enable SSO, it only applies to the domains that you verify.

On your site, if there are other users from other companies (contractors, consultants), then they will login with their Atlassian account using their user name and password.

And yes, once you get Atlassian Access, you will get access to the authentication policies, if by this you mean password policies (complexity, expiry). This though, will be overriden if you enable SAML SSO, as users no longer need their Atlassian account password.

Cheers, Jimmy

Lan Dang (Tyme) November 15, 2020

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your answer, just 1 more thing i need verify. We have 2 verify domains in our Atlassian. Can i turn on SSO for 2 domains or only 1? If i turn on SSO for 1 domain, how about the other?

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi Lan,

SSO can be independently enabled for each domain, so you can enable in both or only one depending on how you want to rollout.

Cheers, Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events