Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Atlassian Access support integration w/Azure AD + Azure AD Connect as hybrid-identity solution?

Jason M_ January 6, 2020

Considering migrating from Jira/Confluence/Crowd Server to Cloud, right now we host Jira, Confluence and Crowd...using Crowd Server for basic user/group management w/our on-prem AD.

Currently we use Azure AD Connect for hybrid-identity directory integration between our on-prem AD and AD Azure in the cloud. If we wanted to subscribe to Atlassian Access for SSO as part of the Server-to-Cloud migration effort, are there any exceptions/concerns when integrating Access with Azure AD while managing our users on-prem in AD and syncing to Azure using this Azure AD Connect agent (hybrid-identity management)?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hey @Jason M_,

This is the exact setup we are using where our on prem AD is sync'd to Azure AD and Atlassian Access connects to Azure AD for SSO.

We just followed the instructions to set everything up and he haven't had any issues.

This link gives to the aggregated list of things to look at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/apply-atlassian-access-policies-and-features-938859736.html

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Jason M_ January 7, 2020

Great, thanks for that feedback!

Randy Knight January 10, 2020

Good to hear as I have the same configuration and it didn't go well. I believe the Azure side is good but can't login.  And can't seem to login with non-SSO either so pretty stuck at this point.  Hopefully someone from Atlassian will see  my question here and open one for me.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events