Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do all products have to have the same number of users

Greg Bishop May 15, 2019

My organization currently uses JIRA, Confluence, and Crowd. We are considering adding Bitbucket as well, but we have questions about users. Currently we have a license for 2000 users with Crowd, JIRA, and Confluence, but we don't need anywhere near that for Bitbucket. In order to integrate Bitbucket with these other products does it require 2000 users as well, or can we get a license for 250 users instead? That's a difference of roughly $40,000.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

No, you can get separate licences. 

You can tell different systems about different numbers of users - for example, if you have groups Jira, Conf and Bb, and tell the three systems to use their "can log in" group as those, then yes, you could do 2000 Jira, 2000 Confluence and 250 Bitbucket.

Greg Bishop May 15, 2019

Thank you for explaining the "how to", currently people around here think everything has to be the same, but that just didn't make sense to me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

It can be a bit more simple - if, for example, you always know Jira and Confluence systems are always going to have the same set of login users, you could do something like create group "jac-login", and use that in both for the login group.  Adding a user to that one group then lets them into both systems.

I prefer to keep them simple, clear and separate myself.

Like Greg Bishop likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2019

No, each product does not have to have the same amount of licenses, in my environment we have half the licenses for Bitbucket compared to Jira/Confluence.

Greg Bishop May 15, 2019

Awesome, thank you for the quick response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events