Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need Access

Transfinder_Development June 4, 2020

Can't I authenticate to my Azure AD without Access?

2 answers

1 vote
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

In Atlassian Cloud you can use "Continue with Microsoft" i.e. the "social login" – this does not enforce anything, it's purely a convenience shortcut to avoid entering the password – if the email associated with your Atlassian ID matches your Microsoft one e.g. from Office365.

Atlassian Access will give you the ability to enforce SAML SSO, as well as ability to enforce 2FA and enterprise-level password security policies, albeit only for the users from domains that you control/have claimed (not external parties).

On Server you will need one of the SAML SSO apps. The spectre of features offered will be different across plugins. Most of these are Data Center compatible, but there you also have a free alternative from Atlassian themselves. 

Please consider our EasySSO – we provide 5 different authenticators: NTLM, Kerberos, X.509, HTTP Headers, and the SAML one. If you are using SAML authenticator only – we give discounts, making it a very cost-efficient option.

Our support is 24x7 – feel free to reach out at any time.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2020

Only if you're on Cloud.  If you are using a Server or Data Center product, you will need an App from Marketplace (or use the built-in Data Center function.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events