Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Trello Access and Enable "Customer Group" with an AD Group

Hannes March 23, 2021

Hi Guys!

Ok, what I want to do:

a) I want to add ALL employees as customers in Jira Service Management Cloud

b) The idea: Together with enabled SSO they should be able to create a ticket without a need to register or login into the portal.

What I thought about the solution is:

a) Create one 'BigGroup' in the AD with alle Employees

b) Sync the 'BigGroup' to Atlassian Access

c) Enable them as Customers in the specific project.

Now I have two problems with this:

1) I see the group synced from the AD, but I can not control the Group Access. How can I add the whole group as customers? Or isn't that possible? I want to prevent them to signup manually or login (together with enabled SSO).

Screenshot 1.PNG

2) Also I have noticed, some of thes users have used Trello once. I want to disable all this Trello Product Access as the will count against the bill. But I can not manage this here in the Directory:

Screenshot 2.PNG

How can I centrally disable Trello for a lot of users?

Thanks really a lot for your help here :)

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Hannes ,

For the JSM customers question, what you have configured is correct, based on the screenshot. "No product access" means members of that group are not JSM agents, (or using JSW or Confluence) but they can still be JSM customers. In your JSM global settings, make sure that public signup is disabled, so only users with accounts on your site and submit requests as customers.

Jira_Service_Management_configuration_-_Jira.png

And then your project settings should look like this:

Service_Desk_-_Customer_permissions_-_Service_project_-_Jira.png

On your Trello question, currently we do not support the ability to restrict access to specific products at the organization level. There is an open feature request, and it's something we'll be looking into more this calendar year.

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events