Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of account

Anita Duggan January 11, 2021

Trying to delete an account of a former employee but I am receiving the following message

• This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW
  • This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.
  • To continue deleting this account the account owner needs to visit my.atlassian.com and designate a different user as a billing and technical contact.

As the user no longer works with the company, how do we remove this account

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Anita Duggan

apart from all valid thoughts about the account - it definitely make sense to check my.atlassian.com - as the message states the person is responsible at least for one Atlassian-related license for an on-premise product.

This is to make sure no license renewal will be missed (and such) in future.

Cheers,
Daniel

1 vote
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi Anita,

Welcome to the community!

It usually isn't recommended to delete an account. By deleting an account, anywhere the persons name is will be removed, preventing future troubleshooting and in some cases fixing permissions.

The recommended thing to do would be to deactivate them. This way you won't be charged for them but it really can help prevent future issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/deactivate-a-managed-account-961259517.html

Best,

Clark

Anita Duggan January 11, 2021

Thanks for the quick response 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events