Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence access sharing

Rüdiger October 25, 2023

We have several students in our company and would like to set up an access that all of them share. Is this possible and allowed?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2023

Hi @Rüdiger Johannsen , welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can create a new User group and assign your students to that group. Then, you can set respective access permissions for them. 

Rüdiger October 25, 2023

Hi @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc 

Can you tell me how to choose the settings for the group so that the members of this group do not burden our limit of 50 user accesses?

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Rüdiger Johannsen ,

In this case, you can grant them "Guest" access. 

1. Add users to the Guest user group, you'll see the option to add Products to this group, select "Guest"

2. Invite your users to your Atlassian site then assign them to the Guest user group 

3. Give space access to the Guest user group

I hope this helps!

Rüdiger October 26, 2023

Thanks a lot.

But if I get this right, one guest account can only have access to one space? So I would need one  guest access for each space and the students would have to change access if they want to visit a different space?

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2023

@Rüdiger Johannsen Yes, you're right, guests can have access to only one space at a time. 

There are some ways you can share pages from other spaces to your guest space. I've written an article about content distribution here for your reference: Distribute content to multiple spaces for cross-functional and external collaboration in Confluence  :)  Do have a check and if you'd like to implement it, I'm happy to explain more! 

Btw, if you find my suggestion helpful, please accept my answer, I'd really appreciate it! 

Rüdiger October 26, 2023

@Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc 

I will, but I have one (hopefully) final question:

My original idea was that there would be one "full" account with access to all spaces that would be shared by several people (the students). Would this be allowed?

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2023

@Rüdiger Johannsen Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible.

The only other way to avoid affecting license user count is to allow anonymous access. Although I doubt this is applicable to your use case.

This option lets you make any space on the site accessible by anonymous students (basically anyone on the internet). 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
Rüdiger October 25, 2023

HI @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc 

Thanks for your welcome and your answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events