It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing email id - User is both managed and unmanaged

Hi

I am trying to updated a users' email id from username@approveddomain1.com to username@approveddomain2.com. Both the old and new domains are 'approved domains' in the Org Setup (not verified domains).

I visit the user's profile page to edit their email id, and I cannot see the edit email id option even though I am Global Admin. 

I ask the user to do it themselves at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email but they see an error - Your Account is managed, contact admin to change your email address. 

So I visit admin -> organization -> managed accounts section and I see "you have no managed users". 

How do I change this person's email id? 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Phalgun,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Since Atlassian account was introduced some years ago, administrators can no longer change the users' email address, unless the domain is verified.

I can see that the domain is not verified (the same of your email address) and that you didn't subscribe Atlassian access and since we don't know the affected email, we can't tell what happened in this case.

On your site, there are more than 1500 users with different email domains, so it will be complicated for us to help you without knowing the affected user/domain.

A user can use the same email address on multiple sites, so probably the domain was claimed on another Cloud site.

Since the community is public, it's up to you and the owner of the email address to share the email address here, and if you don't feel comfortable doing that, please contact our support on support.atlassian.com/contact in order to share with them the affected email address.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

124 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you