Change email address of site admin?

David Markowski (DO NOT USE) January 4, 2021

Hello - I am the site admin for my instance of about 2000 users, and I can not figure out how to change the email address of any user including mine.  I find it in ID.Atlassian.com but it says its managed and to contact the admin (myself).  Any pointers on how to achieve this?  Thanks 

4 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2021

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I know it has been a while since you posted this question, but I’m adding a comment here just to share that I saw that you created a ticket with our support and the issue was resolved on February 12. 

The issue was related to a duplicated organization where the domain was verified, that’s why you didn’t have permission to change the email address.

I’m just sharing this detail here in case other community members face the same issue.

In case you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know or feel free to reopen the ticket.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @David Markowski (DO NOT USE) 

Welcome to community! It seems that the domain must be controlled from another organization (which you're not the Admin). so you cannot simply do a switch from the Org Admin hub. If you're on a Standard or Premium Plan, Please get in touch with Atlassian Support, so they can trace your domain and to which organization its linked with in order to put you through with the Administrator. so together with the domain admin, you can change the email to another email address after your new domain has been verified. P/s: this might involved merging organizations to be totally possible.

Otherwise, there's no way to change the emails from Old to New and you can end up duplicating every user you have on the Instance with the new email address.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Hi David - go to Settings > User Management then select the Directory menu option in the top navigation bar. 

Search for the user and select him/her.

At that point, you should be able to change the email address. 

Thanks but its asking to verify domains which we don't want to do at this point.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

So, what happens if you go here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email

Managed account

Your account is managed.
Contact your administrator to change your email address.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

If it is managed, then the Domain has already been verified.

But it still asks me to verify the domain.. Any way to undo that? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

Can you provide some screenshots? 

managed.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

How about the one where it is forcing the Domain verification?

managed 2.png

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

you might not be able to change it that way.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

Going to tag Atlassian on this one. Not sure why it is a managed Domain but then it still wants you to verify the Domain. 

0 votes
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

I found this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html but i have never done this so i dont know the exact steps but figured i would share this which might help you get to the your end goal. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events