cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant automatically provision new users from azure AD to Jira

Yair Glikman February 26, 2022

Hey,

I'm trying to create user automation as follows:

when a new user is added at azure ad - he will have Jira & Confluence Access.

So i have followed all the steps

1) I created SSO with azure and tested it

2) I have created user Provision in azure and Atlassian Cloud.

I can see the new users are synced to the cloud.

however, I can not link to Jira, confluence? Why?

this how the screens look like:

I have Atlassian Cloud and Jira Products.

Both of the test5.pngtest6.pngnames are under the same name(domain), but it looks like they are not linked to each other!

weird.

what to do >?

4 answers

1 vote
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2022

Hello, @Yair Glikman 

So based on the screenshot your products do not belong to the same organisation as your Atlassian Access, and you are not an organisational admin in the organisation that products do belong to. When they belong to the same organisation, all of the products appear in the gray rectangle, like your Access does.

You need to locate the org admin for the organisation that your product do belong to, and ask them to elevate you to the org admin level. You should be able to move products to the organisation where Access is. See: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/transfer-products-to-another-organization/

The link is purely logical, moving products won't affect their functioning.

Do note, if you are using the "improved" user management experience you will have to reach out to Atlassian Support, as it has been improved to the level that this feature doesn't work anymore.

Once you moved your products, the groups groups that your Azure AD IdP is pushing to Cloud, will appear on the site(s) and you will be able to add them to Product Access in the site.

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

Hi @Yair Glikman,

I believe what you are looking at will show you which groups will automatically get product access based on what provisioned groups you have defined with product access in each of your Atlassian products which you need to define here:

ProductAccessGroups.JPG

If the intention is to give all new users Jira and Confluence access you should ensure that you have one or more provisioned groups that are set to allow product access by default.  And, you should make sure that on your identity provider you have users added to that/those group(s) so that they will automatically be given product access.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

0 votes
Yair Glikman February 27, 2022

Hell9?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2022

Hi @Yair Glikman 

Welcome to the community.

What you mean by "link to them Jira"? Btw, there is no screenshot.

As I understand, you have already defined automatic user provisioning mentioned here. And users are synced with Jira.

Yair Glikman February 26, 2022

Hey,

I have attached screenshots

Please have a look!

I have Atlassian Cloud & Jira Products which I try to connect (link)

When I create a new user on my Azure AD, I expect to see it at Jira.

Right now i can only see the new user at Atlassian Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events