Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable a disabled account although I am site and organisation admin

Geert Peter February 24, 2021

My account geertpeter@onyx.be is both Site admin as well as Organisation admin.
When I try to re-enable a disabled account (Meesw), it says
"This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account."
Who is the user's organization administrator?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

There's no way we can tell you, I think you'll need to ask Meesw what organisation has taken ownership of their account (it's usually going to be the domain of the email - so if it's meesw@thingamy.org on their account, it's the atassian admins of thingamy.org)

Geert Peter February 24, 2021

So although we have invited this user to our Atlassian cloud instance (and were able to manage access), there is now another admin (not in our instance) that has taken over ownership of his account. That looks quite weird. This user is a client of us and (what I know) they are not working with Atlassian in their company.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

@Geert Peter it's important to understand that Atlassian accounts in cloud are "global" – they don't belong to any individual instance. This means that the corporate IT department (as defined by the email address of the user's account) has ultimate control over the account.

Geert Peter February 25, 2021

@Dave Meyer 
Thanks for your feedback. 
Still one question to understand the accounts structure. As a SITE and ORG admin, I cannot update anything to my own account.
It is showing the "This user is an organization administrator and their privileges cannot be modified."
What am I missing?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

@Geert Peter what are you trying to do? It sounds like you are trying to remove yourself as an administrator?

Geert Peter February 25, 2021

@Dave Meyer I just want to understand the logic about how account management is done. Why can a SITE admin or Organisation admin not change. anything of another user (in my case, my own account).

Assume I want to disable/enable JIRA Service Management on my own account, how can I do this. The only way is to unlink myself from the group service-desk-agents which will disable this product. This looks more like a hack then it how it is designed to be done.

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2021

@Geert Peter as an org admin, you can edit the accounts of the managed accounts in your organization via the org administration console. We're working on integrating the site-level product access management screens and the org-level account management screens, but here are the specific instructions for editing managed accounts: https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/make-changes-to-a-managed-user-account/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events