Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i give an user view in a project only to his created tickets?

Cesar Bastos October 17, 2022

Can i give an user view in a project only to his created tickets? 
I need to configure this to some users permissions to a Jira Software Project. I want to give those users view just to the ticket that they create. 
Is that possible?

5 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2022

Hi @Cesar Bastos ,

you need to setup project permission scheme so that just reporter has "Browse project" permission. In that way, just who creates tickets (should be the default reporter) can view his own tickets.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Nikki Thomas January 4, 2023

Thanks for this answer Fabio, it was exactly what I needed!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

you're welcome @Nikki Thomas 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

@Cesar Bastos -

To supplement what others have suggested, if you only want the reporter to access/view to tickets that are created by himself/herself (and not other tickets), then you will need to implement issue security configuration against your project(s) in question.

Here is a link for your reference - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

This implementation will lockdown issue visibility as per your configuration setup + tagging the issues with the appropriate security level attribute.  If a user is not call out (i.e. reporter) in the issue security, then he/she will not be able to discover the issue/access the issue.  This will automatically be in place against any board/view/direct issue URL.

NOTE - Once the issue security configuration is setup against a project, it is setup from that point going forward.  All issues existed prior to the implementation will need to be updated via bulk change operation to apply the appropriate security level manually.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Cesar Bastos October 17, 2022

Screenshot_1.png
Like this?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

Yes in the security level configuration.  You should need to ensure that members of project Administrators and Developers roles are also called out in the security level.

Best, Joseph

Like Cesar Bastos likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2022

You can use Issue Security Scheme for this. You can use the Issue Security Scheme level on the post-functions to update the security level on certain statuses if you want. More customization can be done using Automation for Jira. 

0 votes
Rui Caldeira March 8, 2023

Hi everyone! I actually have a project where I sucessfully implemented this solution but because we're grating browsing rights the "reporter", the project becomes automatically discoverable, i.e., although you cannot see anything in it, the project itself shows as a project. 

The reason behind this statement is just because I had to set another project that will be shared with an external person and this external person will be able to see it, whereas the remaining projects stay "hidden".

Any suggestion to circumvent this visibility issue? 

0 votes
DSell October 17, 2022

I use and promote the use of this filter and board. This is the first place I go each morning. It displays all issues that I have reported or assigned to across all projects. I can then use quick filters to see what I want to see. I share this filter with the entire company as it works on the current user.

the filter: assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser() ORDER BY createdDate DESC

The board is set up with these quick filters.

NameJQL
Urgent/Highpriority in (High,URGENT)
assigned to meassignee = currentUser() 
reported by mereporter = currentUser() 
In Open SprintsSprint in openSprints()
Open Issuesresolution is EMPTY 
Show Story/Task/Subtask Onlyissuetype in (Story, Task, Sub-task)
Hide Sub-Tasksissuetype != Sub-task 
Not Updated TodayupdatedDate >= -1
Not updated in last 14 daysupdatedDate >= -14
Created todaycreated >= startOfDay() 
Show Epics Onlyissuetype = Epic 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events