Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I place my Atlassian monthly subscription on hold without losing data?

Ken Hancock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

Is there only one option to temporarily stop the monthly payments...cancelation?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

Hi Ken,

Canceling your Atlassian Cloud subscription will prevent any further site renewals from being processed. Your site will remain accessible until 15 days after the end of your current subscription period, at which point your site will be deactivated. 

There are a lot more details about how long Atlassian will retain your data in the Data Storage FAQ.  From that guide:

Data retention

Your site will be deactivated 15 days after the end of your current subscription period. Atlassian retains data for deactivated sites for 15 days (for evaluation sites) or 60 days (for paid subscription sites) after the end of your current subscription period

Following this deactivation period (15 days for evaluation sites and 60 days for paid sites after the end of your subscription period), your product data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.

If you are not intending to renew your Cloud site, I would recommend that you create backups of your data to maintain that data yourself.   You can follow steps in

to obtain those backups.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Ken Hancock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2019

That answers my question.

Thank you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

Yes.  If you cancel, your system will be stopped after a week.  I think they are retained for a further month after the end of your subscription, so you might be able to go back if you renew within that time.  After that, it's gone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events