It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket Cloud + Atlassian Access

Hello,

We are currently in the process of migrating our server instances of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. We have set up and paid for Atlassian Access in order to simplify and centralize our user management.

How can I connect our Access account to Bitbucket in order to grant the already existing users access to the Bitbucket team?

Thanks,

Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2019

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately we don't currently support provisioning into Bitbucket team's. You can automatically provision accounts from your identity provider using Access and users can use these accounts to log in to Bitbucket, but you will need to add them to your Bitbucket team manually.

We're definitely aware that this is a gap in our offering and we're working hard to bring full provisioning support to Bitbucket. We will provide updates here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-621

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave - I thought as much but could not find a definitive confirmation anywhere.

Cheers for sharing the ticket, that's very useful as I've added myself as a watcher - hope it does get implemented soon!

Hi Dave , what benefits do I get with Atlassian access if I mainly use Bitbucket cloud?

Does it mean that SAML SSO is also not supported for Bitbucket? 

Is there a ticket for bitbucket saml sso as well? 

When do you think these basic features will be available?

Is Bitbucket cloud not considered to be part of Atlassian Cloud? if not what is included in Atlassian cloud?

Best Regards,

Johan

Dave Meyer Atlassian Team May 07, 2019

Hi Johan,

SAML SSO is supported, as is 2SV enforcement and strong password policies. As an Atlassian Access customer you also benefit from priority support.

Dave

Thanks Dave, just one more clarification :

Is Bitbucket cloud not considered to be part of Atlassian Cloud? If not what is included in Atlassian cloud?

Dave Meyer Atlassian Team May 12, 2019

@Johan Eckerstrom - {Riada} we use Atlassian cloud to refer as a generic term to refer to all of our hosted products, including Jira Software Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud, Trello, Opsgenie, and Statuspage.

Like # people like this

I agree with @Johan Eckerstrom - {Riada} that the information on that page is misleading as it's not actually all features (yet).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked in Atlassian Access

AMA: Cloud Identity & Security with Dave Meyer, Group Product Manager

Update: That's a wrap! Thanks so much for your questions. If you didn't make it for the live AMA, not to worry. Add your questions below and I will get to them ASAP.  Hello Atlassian Community...

1,678 views 15 9
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you