Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Cloud + Atlassian Access

Simon Szumyłowicz April 24, 2019

Hello,

We are currently in the process of migrating our server instances of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. We have set up and paid for Atlassian Access in order to simplify and centralize our user management.

How can I connect our Access account to Bitbucket in order to grant the already existing users access to the Bitbucket team?

Thanks,

Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately we don't currently support provisioning into Bitbucket team's. You can automatically provision accounts from your identity provider using Access and users can use these accounts to log in to Bitbucket, but you will need to add them to your Bitbucket team manually.

We're definitely aware that this is a gap in our offering and we're working hard to bring full provisioning support to Bitbucket. We will provide updates here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-621

Regards,

Dave

Simon Szumyłowicz April 26, 2019

Thanks Dave - I thought as much but could not find a definitive confirmation anywhere.

Cheers for sharing the ticket, that's very useful as I've added myself as a watcher - hope it does get implemented soon!

Johan Eckerstrom - {Eficode} May 6, 2019

Hi Dave , what benefits do I get with Atlassian access if I mainly use Bitbucket cloud?

Does it mean that SAML SSO is also not supported for Bitbucket? 

Is there a ticket for bitbucket saml sso as well? 

When do you think these basic features will be available?

Is Bitbucket cloud not considered to be part of Atlassian Cloud? if not what is included in Atlassian cloud?

Best Regards,

Johan

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2019

Hi Johan,

SAML SSO is supported, as is 2SV enforcement and strong password policies. As an Atlassian Access customer you also benefit from priority support.

Dave

Johan Eckerstrom - {Eficode} May 8, 2019

Thanks Dave, just one more clarification :

Is Bitbucket cloud not considered to be part of Atlassian Cloud? If not what is included in Atlassian cloud?

Like Damian Egli likes this
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2019

@Johan Eckerstrom - {Eficode} we use Atlassian cloud to refer as a generic term to refer to all of our hosted products, including Jira Software Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud, Trello, Opsgenie, and Statuspage.

Like # people like this
Simon Szumyłowicz May 15, 2019

I agree with @Johan Eckerstrom - {Eficode} that the information on that page is misleading as it's not actually all features (yet).

Eugene D Bethel February 26, 2020

Misleading!!! here it is February 2020 and not only has it not changed, Bitbucket is specifically listed:

2020-02-26_10-44-10.png

Like # people like this
Loi Nguyen October 10, 2020

@Dave Meyer  Great to see Bitbucket Cloud provisioning join Atlassian Access, it's important feature for enterprise who wanted to sync their external directory with Bitbucket Cloud to reduce management efforts.

Steve Mueller October 31, 2020

Where do you see that?

Tina
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2021
Like # people like this
Jake Bloomfield May 23, 2022

20....23... 2023!!

Yuly Buenahora September 5, 2023

Is this implemented already??

Jake Bloomfield September 5, 2023

@Yuly Buenahora

It's working, but Bitbucket doesn't use Access directory for groups unfortunately.

Yuly Buenahora September 5, 2023

ups, that is what it's need it :-( 

thk for the info @Jake Bloomfield 

Is there a feature planning in which I can vote? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events