Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD groups provisionning to Atlassian Cloud : list of Atlassian Cloud attributes for mapping

Sébastien Deleye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2023

Hello,

A part of my Azure AD groups is synchronized to Atlassian Cloud.
For now, only the displayName of the groups is sync.
Could you tell me if it is possible to synchronize the Azure AD groups "Description" attribute to Atlassian Cloud groups?
A list of available Atlassian Cloud attributes for mapping is it published?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sébastien Deleye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2023

For information, I raised a support request and here you are the reply :

[...]

From your issue description, I understand you would like to also sync the description of a group that is being Synced to Atlassian along with the Group name.
Currently, this is not possible. Only the group name will sync when provisioned from an Identity provider.
However, we do have an open feature request that we are tracking publicly below:

[...]

0 votes
Doug Cook
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 20, 2023

Looks like the only option to map the description attribute to Atlassian cloud is "id". Doesn't exactly tell me if it will update the description of the group's id or something else.

Voted to get this implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events