Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD SCIM Provisioning

Panagiotis Annis February 7, 2021

Hello,

I would like to enable SCIM Provisioning through Azure AD to automatically sync users and groups to our Atlassian Organization. 

What happens with the users from unverified domains? Are they going to be synced or not? 

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Panagiotis Annis February 15, 2021

SCIM Provisioning implemented and users from unmanaged domain are synced through Azure AD.

Matt Russell July 5, 2021

Do you know if it's possible to automatically assign Atlassian product roles using Azure AD?    

Panagiotis Annis July 5, 2021

Hello Matt,

If you are talking about Product Access or Permissions in specific spaces/projects etc., you can do it if you are using group-based permissions. 

When adding users from Azure AD in specific groups that are defined for product access or permissions in different aspects of the product in Atlassian Products then the user once it is synced will get the appropriate access defined by the group.

For product access,

• Go to admin.atlassian.com
  • Click on Products
  • Click on Product Access 
  • Add the Groups that will be given access to the product. You can add either local or azure ad groups. If an Azure AD group has the same name with a local group, the Azure Ad group will override the local group once it is synced.

I hope this answer your question.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Matt Russell July 7, 2021

Hi Panagiotis,

Thanks for your response, yes this is already clear and am aware of this however this would be quite a manual task to update all local groups or domain groups to have the same display name.

What i'm getting at is to be able to map Azure AD groups to local groups within Atlassian cloud automatically, for example domain group name app-atlassian-projects to a role name projects for example?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events