Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Access with internal and 3rd party email addresses

Larry Katz February 10, 2020

We're using Jira cloud, and we currently have a setup using Jira groups where we have internal users in 1 group and various 3rd parties that access our jira in another group(s), project access levels are controlled via permission schemes, and issue security settings, roles tied to those groups.

We just added Atlassian Access in order to manage internal users in our Active Directory, but unsure the solution for the external users now, is there a suggested solution for this? other than just put all users in Active Directory, or just manage internal users in AD and external users in Jira's directory? does Access have a solution for managing this?

1 answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Hi @Larry Katz,

If I understand what you are asking for correctly, I don't think this is something that Access can handle/accommodate today.  However, I think the feature request you are looking for is this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-648

I'd recommend voting for/watching it and providing comments regarding your specific use case.

Sorry I can't offer more help!

-Jimmy 

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

That's correct. We do plan to work on this feature request later this year. In the meantime the best course of action is exactly what you described @Larry Katz.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events