Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Access just for half the users of my Confluence cloud

David A. March 5, 2020

Hi, I ve a question about the Atlassian Access licensing.

We currently have a Confluence Cloud with 100 licenses , of which 60 belong to the internal directory *@domain.com but another 40 are external users (@xxx.es)

we are thinking of acquiring Atlassian access and I have the doubt with 40 users outside my domain and azure AD. Is it possible to combine Atlassian Access with normal access (external users)?

1.- External user (40)  will be able to continue accessing directly to Confluence? without Atlassian Access license.                         

2.- ¿Would the license be for 60 user?

It is not possible and the Atlassian Access license must be for the 100 users

Best regards 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

Hi @David A_,

From my understanding Access is paid based on the number of active user accounts you have synchronized from your domain on a monthly basis.

As for your question about being able to have external users continue to access Confluence once you are using Atlassian Access, @Dave Meyer confirmed that will work in this question here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/Existing-Users-When-Moving-to-Atlassian-Access-and-SSO/qaq-p/1308240

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

David A. March 11, 2020

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon

Chalhoub_Dev March 16, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

We are doing AZURE AD integration to JIRA using Atlassian Access.

We have more than 14,000 AD accounts that will be synced. Out of these 14K accounts, only 50 will be JIRA Service Desk Agents. and 50 Confluence license. 

The remaining accounts (13,900+) will be simple JIRA Customers. These Customers will have read-only access to Knowledge base maintained in Confluence when they will create the ticket. 

Now my question is, how much we will be charged for Atlassian Access. I mean, either for 100 (agent + confluence)accounts? or for all 14K+ account?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hi @Chalhoub_Dev,

Here is the pricing page for Atlassian Access: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-your-bill-for-atlassian-access-948237309.html

Atlassian Access is charged based on unique accounts that are managed by your organization.  So the short answer is that you would be charged for all 14K accounts.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

David A. March 16, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon@Chalhoub_Dev

I don't understand it that way. According to the Atlassian Access page, it indicates that it would only be paid for those who are agents.

I understand that he pay for the 14K users because he has Confluence. The question is, if I had only JSD, I would pay nothing more than the 50 agents, right?

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/atlassian-access

Are Jira Service Desk customers billable?

No, Jira Service Desk customers that submit tickets are not counted toward the Atlassian Access bill. Only Jira Service Desk Agents that log in using an Atlassian Access managed account are counted in Atlassian Access.

Best regards.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2020

Hi @David A_,

It's about the number of managed accounts you are synchronizing from your domain.  One of the main features Atlassian Access offers (which is why we chose to use it ourselves) is SSO authentication for all managed accounts.  So you are paying a single fee for all accounts that make use of the ability to have SSO authentication.  We have 130 users who are using Jira and of those about 50 are also using Trello (which is now managed by Atlassian Access) we would pay for 130 users because that is the total number of unique accounts that have the ability to use SSO for authentication.  If you only had 50 JSD agents and no one else logged into Jira, then yes you would only pay for 50 users of Atlassian Access.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like Lucas A_ Simon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events