Atlassian Access SSO + Guests

jorge.carvalho July 21, 2022

Hi,

We're in the process of migrating from on-prem to Atlassian Cloud.

We setup SSO with AAD and that's all working fine for our verified domain.

From the documentation we could find so far, it looks like there is no way we can leverage AAD B2B guests, so we're left with the challenge of configuring password complexity, MFA and access reviews for the partners we work with.

Is there any way of achieving this using only Atlassian Access and without having to create a full account for these external partners in our verified domain?

Any documentation you can please direct us to?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Hello, @jorge.carvalho 

Atlassian Access can only enforce security controls onto the accounts from the domains that you've claimed/verified i.e. "yours".

As such there is nothing you can do with external partners, unless you give them accounts in one of your verified domains.

A good practice is to make their domain distinct from your main one, but keep in mind the resulting email must be usable i.e. reachable – since Cloud will attempt to verify the account by emailing with a link.

jorge.carvalho July 24, 2022

Thanks Ed.

Disappointing, but thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

0 votes
Jeffrey Ambler September 9, 2022

Thank you!

0 votes
Aditya_miniOrange July 22, 2022

Hi @jorge.carvalho 
Welcome to the community.

As I understand you want to implement SSO for external customers/partners whose domain you do not own. Please correct me if I am wrong.

We may be able to offer an effective solution for your use case. Please reach out to us at atlassiasupport@xecurify.com and we can discuss the same in detail.

Thanks,

Aditya

jorge.carvalho July 24, 2022

Thanks Aditya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events